– Fixed Mac platform libraries linking
– Added nodes to obtain the player/capture device info, can be used after Device Initialization nodes
– Added more utils:
– FrequencyToMIDI: Frequency Hz to MIDI note value
– AmplitudeTodB: Amplitude to dB conversion
– Update to SDL 2.0.12
-Android devices now uses OpenSL ES to capture audio
– Fixed GetInputAudioDevices, now the list must return all (available) input audio devices
– Now can load Mp3 files with an incomplete last frame
– Added new source class: Extractor This new class will be used to do offline analysis. You can load the full audio file in this source or only the header, this load method it’s useful if you only want to access to the metadata info of an audio file.
– Added offline amplitude analysis node for Extractor source. You can obtain the analysis result of a section of an audio file. The resolution can be set to obtain a smoother wave form, with small values you obtain more detail of the wave but more data.
– Added GetMetadata node to Extractor source. Can be used with parameter Only Header in the initialization of the source for better performance.
– Added Extractor sample project [Link]
– Added Pitch tracking real-time analysis (fundamental frequency)
– Added Pitch Tracking sample project [Link]
– Added 4.24 Engine version support (IMPORTANT: UPGRADE NOTES, the plugin has been renamed to avoid the conflict with the new AudioAnalyzer module of the Engine)
– Updated SDL2 library to v2.0.10
– Added Unreal Engine 4.23 Support, now version 4.20 requires manual installation.
– Added Linux editor and game support
– Added Mac editor and game support (Experimental)
– Added IOS game support (Experimental and without MP3 format support)
– Moved Thirdparty libraries folder inside Source folder to fix the Mac build limitation (plugin + rsync)
– Added Get Spectrum Peaks. Now you can obtain a list with the most valued frequencies in real time.
– Added thridparty decoders inclusion customization. Now you can select which decoder binaries can be included in your project. More Details
– Added Ogg Vorbis Support
– Added Flac Support
– Fixed Android smoothness bug of some devices
– Fixed possible crash when Init Audio node is called while playing audio
– Fixed special characters encoding of friendly device names, no more strange chars in audio device names.
– Added GetInputDeviceNames, this node returns a list with input devices.
– Renamed GetAudioDeviceNames to GetOutputAudioDeviceNames
– Added Loopback Input, now you can capture the audio directly from the system device. You can do the analysis from the audio played from other applications. Nodes added:
- Init Loopback Audio
- Inix Loopback Audio Ex
- Unload Loopback Audio
- Get Default Device Loopback Audio
- Set Default Device Loopback Audio
- Start Loopback
- Stop Loopback
- Is Loopback Capturing
- Get Loopback Capture Time
– Fixed crash with some MP3 formats
– Fixed crash on Android start
– SDL2 library updated to 2.0.9
– Added mp3 format support on Win64 and Android Platforms
– Added ID3 tags support v1 and v2
– Added Format Test UE4 Project [UE4 Sample Projects]
– Changed GetFolderFiles to Impure function to avoid extra calls, now must be explicitly executed by connecting exec wires.
– Added new player node with more options: Loop playback and Starting time.
You can define the number of loops and bind and event for each loop end too. Each loop starts from StartTime position.
– Added Audio Device selection nodes.
Now you can select the audio device to play and capture the sound. Set default Device(s) Player/Capturer Audio node must be called before Init Player/Capturer Audio node.
If the default audio device is not set then the system default audio device is selected.
More detailed info into Documentation page
– Fixed crash on wrong sound path during Player Initialization
– Added channel selection mode in visualizer initialization
- All in one: Accumulates all channels data into only one array
- Select one: Returns only the channel specified in Channel option
- Split all: Returns each channel into one array. Use “By Channel” nodes to retrieve the results
– New amplitude analysis configuration node. Now Amplitude analysis use the same node structure as frequency spectrum and beat tracking analysis. Initialization + Getter
– Removed GetAmplitude parameters
– Added multi-channel Support. Now you can retrieve the results for each channel separately, select Split_all option in “Channel selection mode” during the analysis configuration and use the “By Channel” nodes to retrieve the results.
– Changed GetBeatTrackingVariance node, now calculates Average and Variance with the same node. If you only need the average result you can continue using GetBeatTrackingAverage node
– Added Beat-per-minute counters to Beat Tracking nodes, now you can track the bpm of an interval of beat tracking samples and the result with max frequency.
– New node Get Capture Time, returns the current capture elapsed time
More detailed info into Documentation page
– Added normalization to the frequency spectrum result
– Added Unreal Engine 4 v4.19 support
– Added new option UsePeakValues in frequency spectrum analysis to return peak value of each band instead of average values
Support this blog!
For the past year I've been dedicating more of my time to the creation of tutorials, mainly about game development. If you think these posts have either helped or inspired you, please consider supporting this blog. Thank you so much for your contribution!